文章摘要:
Mama,do you love me? Yes I do,Dear one.
妈妈,你爱我吗? 是啊,亲爱的。
How much? 有多爱?
I love you more than the raven loves his treasure,
我爱你胜过秃鹫爱它珠宝。 ,
more than the
Mama,do you love me? Yes I do,Dear one.
妈妈,你爱我吗? 是啊,亲爱的。
How much? 有多爱?
I love you more than the raven loves his treasure,
我爱你胜过秃鹫爱它珠宝。 ,
more than the dog loves his tail,
胜过雪橇犬爱他的尾巴,
more than the whale loves his spout.
比鲸鱼更喜欢喷水孔。
How long?
爱多久?
I'll love you until the umiak flies into the darkness,
在爱斯基摩皮筏飞向黑暗之前,我爱你。
till the stars turn to fish in the sky,
直至星星变成鱼在空中畅游,
and the puffin howls at the moon.
直到海雀在月亮上嚎叫。
Mama, what if I carried our eggs-our ptarmigan eggs!
but I fell and the eggs broke?
我拿着我们的鸡蛋,哦是松蛋,
虽然我会很小心地慢慢走。
但是如果我摔倒了,鸡蛋也会碎。
那怎么办?
Then I would be sorry.
But still, I would love you.
在这种情况下,妈妈会特别心痛,
这是因为我太爱你了。
What if I put salmon in your parka,
ermine in your mittens,
and lemmings in your mukluks?
假如我把大马哈鱼放在你的毛皮风衣里,
把小雪貂放进你的手套里,
把旅鼠放在你的海豹皮靴里,
妈妈,你怎么样?
Then I would be angry.
嗯,那我一定会生气的!
What if I threw water at our lamp?
要是我把水撒在我们家的油灯上呢?
Then, Dear One,
婴儿,这样的话,
I would be very angry.
我会很生气的,
But still, I would love you.
可是我还是那么爱你。
What if I ran away?
要是我跑了怎么办?
Then I would be worried.
这样我就会担心,会特别担心!
What if I stayed away and sang with the wolves and slept in cave?
假如我离开家,向小狼学习,还和小狼一起睡在冰洞里?
Then, Dear One, I would be very sad.
那么我会很伤心,
But still, I would love you.
可是我还是那么爱你。
What if I turned into a musk ox?
要是我变成毛毛的大牦牛呢?
Then I would be surprised.
妈妈会大吃一惊。
What if I turned into a walrus?
要是我变成了长牙的海马呢?
Then I would be surprised and a little scared.
妈妈也会大吃一惊,还会害怕呢!
What if I turned into a polar bear,
要是我变成了北极熊,
and I was the meanest bear you ever saw and I had sharp, shiny teeth, and I chased you into your tent and you cried?