文章摘要:
The Sweetest Sight 最甜蜜的景象 I was in the most beautiful city in the world, yet I only wanted home. 我是世界上最美丽的城市,但我只想回家。 It was an amazing week for my husband and me — the t
The Sweetest Sight
最甜蜜的景象
I was in the most beautiful city in the world, yet I only wanted home.
我是世界上最美丽的城市,但我只想回家。
It was an amazing week for my husband and me — the trip of a lifetime.
对我丈夫和我来说,这是一个令人惊叹的一周,是一生的旅行。
Months ago, when my husband told me that he would have a meeting in London, I told him my wish to go to Europe together with him.
几个月前,当我丈夫告诉我他要在伦敦开会时,我告诉他我想和他一起去欧洲。
Then we asked his mother to look after our two children and started off.
然后我们请他的母亲照顾我们的两个孩子,然后出发。
During the week's time, we visited London and Paris — as much as we could, Big Ben, the Eiffel Tower and so on.
本周,我们参观了伦敦和巴黎——尽我们所能,大本钟,埃菲尔铁塔等等。
All these were beautiful places we expected to see before. We really had a fantastic time.
这些都是我们以前期待看到的美丽的地方。我们真的玩得很开心。
On our last night in Paris, after we enjoyed the night sight of the Eiffel Tower, my husband called home.
在巴黎的最后一夜,我们欣赏完埃菲尔铁塔的夜景后,我丈夫打电话回家。
His mother answered the phone.
母亲接了电话。
In a second, my husband's face fell and looked so worried.
过了一会儿,我丈夫的脸色变了,看上去很担心。
I could feel there was something bad.
我能感觉到一些不好的事情发生了。
"What's wrong?" I asked.
我问。
He didn't answer and went on to listen.
他没有回答,继续听电话。
A few minutes later, he said sadly to me that Tony, our seven-year-old son, fell down from his bike and broke his leg. He must be sent to hospital at once.
几分钟后,他伤心地对我说,我们七岁的儿子托尼从自行车上摔了下来,摔断了腿。他必须立即被送往医院。
At that moment, Paris suddenly lost its charm.
这时,巴黎突然失去了魅力。
"I don't want to be here! I shouldn't be here! I should be home with my kids!"
我不想呆在这里,我不应该在这里!我应该回家和我的孩子们在一起!
We hurried back to our hotel and then to the airport.
我们匆匆回到酒店,然后赶到机场……
Finally, we got home. We rushed into our children's bedroom.
最后,我们回家了。我们冲进孩子们的卧室。
Seeing our two children, I suddenly understood the truth:
看到我们的两个孩子,我突然明白了一个道理:
There is no sweeter sight in the world than our children's faces that greet us at home.